My Hope Chest is an important non-profit organization focusing on the need of breast reconstruction for uninsured and underprivileged women. As the only national nonprofit of its kind, focusing solely on this reconstruction, we believe that this surgery is truly “the final step in breast cancer treatment.” By enabling women who desire reconstruction to have it, My Hope Chests’ goal is to return these deserving women to a normal life with feelings of “hope”self-worth and completeness.
Official Breast Reconstruction Awareness Ribbon
My Hope Chest provides funding for breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy to women who have survived breast cancer but are lacking insurance or the financial meansto gain their desired reconstruction. Our mission addresses the life and whole being of a woman in body, mind and spirit after treatment for breast cancer as they continue their journey to a full recovery.
Our services pick up where the other breast cancer organizations in America leave off, providing the “final step in breast cancer treatment.”
Mission serves to:
- Expedite the healing process by providing surgeries as quickly as possible after mastectomy, restoring self-esteem and dignity to all breast cancer survivors.
- Educate survivors on their breast reconstruction options.
- Raise public awareness for the need of breast reconstruction as the missing part of treatment for “uninsured” survivors.
- Educate women on what to expect the first year upon diagnosis and connect mastectomy patients with each other for support.
- FUTURE GOALS:
- Implement legislation to require insurance companies to pay for mammograms or MRI’s for all women beginning at age 35 and for women 30 years old with a family history of the disease.
- Implement a program to educate the importance of self-exam from an early age within school systems.
We encourage you to become a My Hope Chest “Angel” today and tithe your time or treasurer now. Please join our effort to insure that no woman has to live without her breasts after cancer, regardless of her financial situation. We have an ever-growing wait list of women who desire to feel whole again… and we need your support! Donate NOW…. Every dollar truly makes a difference!