Beyond Awareness into ACTION!
My Hope Chest is the only national 501c3 social service organization focused on reconstructive surgery for uninsured and under insured breast cancer survivors. We are moved to ACT and our goal is to heal and provide closure to the breast cancer journey. By enabling those who desire reconstruction to have it, My Hope Chest works to help all survivors return to a “new” normal with feelings of hope, self-worth and completeness.
The purpose of My Hope Chest is to help restore self-esteem, dignity and confidence to breast cancer survivors by facilitating and funding, as needed, reconstructive surgery for those who do not have adequate financial means to afford such surgery and to educate survivors on their breast reconstruction options.
Official Breast Reconstruction Awareness Ribbon
Our Program Serves To:
- Expedite the healing process by providing surgeries as quickly as possible after mastectomy, restoring self-esteem and dignity to all breast cancer survivors.
- Educate survivors on their breast reconstruction options.
- Raise public awareness for the need of breast reconstruction as the missing part of treatment for “uninsured” survivors.
- Educate women on what to expect the first year upon diagnosis and connect mastectomy patients with each other for support.
- FUTURE GOALS:
- Implement legislation to require insurance companies to pay for mammograms or Digital MRI’s for all women beginning at age 35 and for women 30 years old with a family history of the disease.
- Implement a program to educate the importance of self-exam from an early age within school systems.
We encourage you to join our effort and become a My Hope Chest “Angel” today. There is no greater reward tithing time or treasurer, knowing you have helped a breast cancer survivor heal. Together we will insure that no one has to live without their breasts after cancer, regardless of financial situation. With a growing wait list yearing to feel whole again… MyHope Chest needs your support now. Contact us today to see how you can join hands and “Create Butterflies”