The work of My Hope Chest’s and its founder Alisa Savoretti has been recognized many times with awards and media coverage.
A summary of recent recognition includes:
Locally MHC was featured on the cover of the Tampa Bay Times and Tampa Tribune’s October breast cancer issue. The charity has been recognized on many news stories on News10, ACTION News, FOX and others. Radio spots in 2014 include WFLA and CBS as well as several blog talk radio forums.
National press includes:
- Alisa’s Lopsided Showgirl story was featured in October 2016 in PEOPLE Magazine online.
- “O” Oprah Magazine Hero, Fitness Magazine Lead to Feature, and named as Reader’s Digest, one of the “Nine Names to Know in Breast Cancer” a huge national honor.
for Alisa include the 2012 Lightning Community Hero and Bay News 9 Everyday Hero, twice. Alisa was a 3 time finalist in 2010-12 for the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Woman of the Year. She was the winner in 2013 of WEDU’s Be More Philanthropic (as was MHC’s surgeon in St. Petersburg, Dr. Antonio Gayoso.) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers honored the organization for Pink NFL Monday Night Football and MHC is currently, one of the charity beneficiaries for Hands Across the Bay’s “Tampa Bay’s ~ Dancing With the Stars” Oct. 3rd Event. Great local support has come from Ed Morse Automotive and partners like The Vinoy Hotel and Clearwater Beach Hyatt. National corporate support includes commercial co-venture campaigns with Warner’s Olga Bra and theThe Genie Bra, sold in 1800 Walmart stores. Dunkin Donuts and this year again in 2015, 2 Brighton Collectible stores have supported MHC’s October “Hope Floats for My Hope Chest” fundraising campaign with their Pink Program.
- August 2012,13 and 2016 – Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Business Woman of the Year Award Finalist in the Non-Profit category
- Finalist October 2011 – The NFL and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers honors My Hope Chest during breast cancer awareness month and “Pink” Monday Night Football
- Sept. 2011 – Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay 2011 – Best Thanks for the Mammories
- July 2011 – Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 2011 Business Woman of the Year Award Finalist in the Non-Profit category
- March 2011 – International Women’s Day Outstanding Service Award, 100th Anniversary of International Women’s Day, hosted by The Women’s Information Network (The WIN).
- October 2010 -Moxy Woman- www.moxywomen.com
- July 2010 – Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 2010 Business Woman of the Year Award Finalist in the Non-Profit category
- November 2009 – “Everyday Hero”, Bay News 9 Tampa, Florida
- November 2008 – “Local Hero”, Bank of America Neighborhood Excellence Initiative, Las Vegas
- November 2006 – Governor’s Points of Light Award nominee, Americorps Nevada, Community Service Individual
- August 2015- Hands Across the Bay selects MHC as beneficiary of TB’s Dancing with the Stars event
- October 2016- Ed Morse Westcoast Dealerships, 4th Annual “Drive for Hope” campaign during October raises $25,900
- October 2016- Brighton Collectibles, Power of Pink Campaign- Citrus Park Stores Partner for 2nd Year
- October 2015- Ed Morse Westcoast Dealerships, 4th Annual “Drive for Hope” campaign during October raises $32,800
- May 2015- FrankCrum Staffing hosts Cino De Mayo Fiesta to benefit MHC
- October 2015- Blue Martini – “Party in Pink 1st Annual fundraiser. International Plaza, Tampa Florida
- October 2015- Brighton Collectibles, Power of Pink Campaign- Citrus Park and Wiregrass Stores Partner in fundraising campaign
- November 2014- My Hope Chest launches the “Butterfly gloWalk, 5K Fun Run and PaRty!
- October 2014- Ed Morse Automotive, Westcoast Florida Dealerships partner with their “Drive for Hope” campaign during October raises $25,900
- May 2014-Warner’s Olga Bra joins with MHC for 2nd co-venture partnership with the “Butterfly Effect” bra raises $50,000.
- October 2013- Ed Morse Cadillac, Tampa… dealership partners with their “Drive for Cure” campaign during October raises $10,300
- February 2013- Tristar Products, The Genie Bra partners for commercial co-venture campaign in nationwide Wal-Mart stores during breast cancer ACTION month.
- October 2012- Warner’s Olga Bra joins with MHC with $25,000 co-venture partnership.
- July 2011– Bright House Media agrees to sponsor 2 major events with 600 30-second commercials, Hope Floats in Sept and TEE for TWO in Oct
- June 2011– First Florida patient has surgery with Dr. Antonio Gayoso
- June 2011- The International Academy of Design and Technology honors My Hope Chest fro the 2nd year as their charity for their 26th annual “Imagine” fashion show.
- May 2010- Brenda Wiley is first patient to receive her surgery in New Orleans at The Center for Restorative Breast Surgery.
- March 2010- The Center for Restorative Breast Surgery hospital in New Orleans partners with My Hope Chest
- March 2010- Chosen as first recipient of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce “Community Project”
- November 2009 – Director of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Antonio Gayoso of St. Anthony’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, partners with MHC for reconstruction program.
- May 2009 – Moved Headquarters to Tampa Bay, Florida
- April 2009- Vitality, benefit show by Cirque du Soleil artists, Las Vegas
- February 2008- Kazickas Family Foundation makes Donation to provide one surgery for an MHC patient.
- April 2007- Introduced new fundraiser “It’s Our Party” with comedian Rita Rudner.
- February 2005- First patient, Suzie Davis receives reconstruction in Las Vegas with Dr. William Zamboni]
- July 2004- My Hope Chest introduces new charity to Las Vegas community at Hooter’s kick off! CBS, NBC and ABC news teams cover the story.
- December 2003- My Hope Chest receives its 501c3 non-profit status six weeks after applying through the help of Founding Board members, Carolyn Stephens, Carolyn Muse Grant and Attorney Maria Nutile of the Southwest Nevada, NABOW organization, Las Vegas, NV.
- February 2016 – Speaker/Exhibitor at Power Symposium, Las Vegas, NV
- March 2014- Living Beyond Breast Cancer/ Young Survival Coalition Conference, Orlando Florida
- March 2012 and 2013 and 2017- Exhibitor – National Consortium of Breast Centers, Las Vegas.
- October 2011- Hillsborough Breast and Cervical Cancer
- August 2011- Women’s Expo, Dunedin Florida
- March 2011- Exhibit at the National Consortium of Breast Centers in Las Vegas
- August 2010- Speaker at FIME International Medical Expo – Miami
- March 2010- Women’s Expo- St. Petersburg
- February 2010 – Exhibitor at 10th Annual Young Survival Coalition Conference, Atlanta, GA
- February 2009 -Living Beyond Breast Cancer/ Young Survival Coalition Conference, Dallas, TX- Exhibitor
- February 2008 -Living Beyond Breast Cancer/ Young Survival Coalition Conference, Jacksonville, FL- Exhibitor
- March 2007 -Living Beyond Breast Cancer/ Young Survival Coalition Conference, Washington, DC- Exhibitor
- June 2006 -National Consortium of Breast Centers, Las Vegas- Exhibitor
- March 2006 – Charity recipient- “Women of Distinction Award”- Rio Hotel. Donations of $5,000 from NAWBO (the National Association of Women Business Owners) and $5,000 from Harrah’s Hotels Inc were raised from the event.
- March 2006 -Living Beyond Breast Cancer/ Young Survival Coalition Conference, Denver, CO – Exhibitor- Story in Denver Press
- 2006 Women’s Chamber of Conference– Exhibitor Non-Profit Mini Fair
- 2005 Women’s Chamber of Conference– Exhibitor Non-Profit Mini Fair
- 2004 World of Women– Circus Circus Hotel Las Vegas- Exhibitor